Wednesday, October 29, 2008

2nd Pet Scan Report

Pet scan on October 21st. Good news/bad news - don't you just hate when someone starts off like that.

Good news - When I started chemo my CA 125 was 154 - it dropped to 17 with my last chemo - they are very pleased with that. The lymph nodes are resolved - no cancer seen. (Serum CA 125 level is a useful indicator of disease response or progression in patients with papillary serous carcinoma of the endometrium.)

Bad news - the breast nodules have brightened. They want the breast biopsy to take place between chemo and radiation to determine if it is inflammatory or malignant.
There is a pulmonary nodule lower left lung - stable. It was there on the last PET scan but he didn't tell me about it so this was new news to me. Suggest a repeat PET of the lungs in 3 months.
Possible node right lobe of the thyroid, etiology undetermined. He has sent in an order for an ultrasound.
Coronary artery atherosclerosis.
And, there is a spot on my left hip.

Looks to me like the bad news out weighs the good news.
Post a Comment