Sunday, October 19, 2008

Diagnosis

On July 10th I started a new journey when the doctor said, “There is no easy way to say this - you have cancer.” This was my OBGYN doctor that I had met with on July 3rd. He wanted me scheduled for surgery as soon as possible and wanted me to finish up any testing that would prepare me for surgery. The appointment was made to meet with the surgeon. They are moving very fast.

I was expecting that sometime in my life I might get cancer but when it becomes reality it is shocking and for a moment life seems to spiral out of control. The reason that I was expecting to get cancer was because of family history on my mother’s side. The cancer victims: mom’s dad, mom, my younger brother, two of my mom’s sisters, her brother, and even as I speak one more sister is dying with cancer and is not expected to make it until Christmas.
Post a Comment