Thursday, January 22, 2009

Trip to the Chiropracter

I have been having problems with my left hip and decided I needed to see a Chiropracter. This is probably another side effect of the chemo treatments because I spent so much time in bed. It seems to be the muscles and they need to be strengthened. He has given me several suggestions of how to handle the pain and eventually delete the pain all together. It only hurts when I am standing for any period of time and the hip compacts.

He gave me quite the compliment. He had read some of my medical history before I arrived and he was expecting to see a sickly old woman because of all that I had been through. He said that I looked really good and not sick at all - and I don't feel sick.

This is only my 3rd week at the Y and already I am feeling much stronger. In fact, I walked a mile, at my favorite lake, twice this week and I did a mile on the exercise bike at the Y. I was not sure that I could do the walking because of the neuropathy in my feet, but I think I am getting used to it now - I knew I would eventually.

For those of you not in CO it has been in the 60's this week - absolutely beautiful for the middle of January.
Post a Comment