Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Move

Sorry it took so long to post but I have been trying to change my sign-on. I had tried to post once and I lost everything so I thought since I no longer have the same provider it would not work. I am trying again and I think it is going to work this time. (Thank you Mel!)

Well, I actually moved on May 1st and it is hard to believe that I have been in my new place for over a week already. It truly is small and I had to leave a lot behind but I have no regrets. This is going to be so much easier to take care of as time goes on. The cats on the other hand are not as impressed with the smaller space. They no longer have the steps to race up and down. But, each day I do see improvement with them and they are finally eating again and playing. They are trying to get used to the different noises - me too!

The move went smoothly with my pastor in charge, three other men from the church and Rebecca. It took only about 2 1/2 hours. Others have been by to help me finish packing things at the house and to help arrange things at the new place. I am so thankful for all of them. God has truly blessed me with good friends.

I cannot believe that it has been 12 years since I have been able to sleep with the bedroom windows open. I am loving the fresh air and the magnificent view. St Anthony's hospital is right across the lake and I can watch the helicopter take off and land. It usually goes right by my window.

I seem to be going to the house to exchange stuff I brought with me and don't need, or I left something that I do need/want. This will be the last week I can do that because the Estate Sale is this weekend and all will be gone (hopefully). I think I hung the last thing this morning - the clock.

Health wise I am feeling good, just really tired. The move took a lot out of me but I am sure as soon as I can settle down I will regain my energy. I have not gone to the Y for several weeks now and I am anxious to get back there.

I have sent out my new home address and email address but I am not getting a lot of response. I did figure out however, that it went into junk mail for several providers. So if you don't occasionally check your junk mail you may not know my new information.
Post a Comment