Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Health update

Sometime around the first of December I realized that I was putting off the inevitable. My classic answer is always that I am doing okay, and basically I really am doing okay. However, anxiety has been setting in as well as severe back pains. I attributed the anxiety to the holidays but I am sure that it is more than that alone. The back pains are all over and not localized to only one spot and are not constant.

My oncologist wanted me to go on antidepressants a year ago, but I did not want to until it was absolutely necessary. I emailed him and he was in agreement that it was time. He said that it would take about two weeks before I would notice a difference. I was very surprised when I noticed a difference after the first day. The anxiety is nothing like it was. He also gave me a prescription for the back pain. It is pretty strong and I only take it when I feel that I absolutely need it.

Things are progressing and I am in hopes that I can get another PET scan in February. That will be six months since the last PET scan.

God will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death, sadness, crying or pain. ~Revelation 21:4
Post a Comment