Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

On Tuesday, the 23rd, I had to get a blood draw and pick up a prescription so I decided to get a copy of my PET scan report while I was there. Well, I started looking at the report and forgot to get my prescription. One of those senior moments I guess – they seem to come more often these days.

I have had back problems for many years, caused by craziness on my part, but you just learn to live with it and go on. When I moved to Denver I was in pretty bad shape and decided to try a chiropractor. He was very thorough. He showed me the x-rays of my spine so I have known for some time now that I have degenerating disc. However, he did help me at that time – 13 years ago.

While I was going through the cancer my backaches became more intense and as you know I have recently decided to go on pain pills to help with the pain. I was not sure if the back pain was because of the cancer or because of the degenerating discs. When I picked up the report and started reading, I knew the answer. There was one sentence that really caught my eye, becaue we had not talked about it - “Osteoarthritic changes are identified in the facet joint of the lumbar spine.” This has not been in any other report. My oncologist, of course, knows about the back pain but we have never discussed it in detail. I am sure he thought I knew that my pain was because of osteoarthritis.

I am okay with this news because now I know that the backaches are from another source and not connected to the cancer. I will continue Praising God. He has given me more than I deserve.
Post a Comment