Monday, February 22, 2010

Unconditional love

Today I received an email, from a very good friend, about a dog named Lucky and his master who had breast cancer. As I read the story I started crying. Oh, it was a very happy ending but it brought back memories of not so long ago.

We hear stories everyday about our closest companions and how they know when something is not right. I believe that this unconditional love goes deeper than we can ever imagine. There are people who prefer not to have animals, or they have allergic reactions to animals and cannot have pets.

A long while before I was diagnosed with cancer, Ember, my little black cat got in the habit of crawling up on my shoulder and snuggling with her face in my neck – she would burrow in. Ember started doing this every time I sat down and especially when I was at the computer. I have to admit that it did become very irritating and if I put her down she would come right back. I decided that this was a habit that I was just going to have to live with and that she would eventually quit.

Yes, Ember finally quit after I came home from the hospital. She still gets on my neck, but nothing like it was before I had the surgery. It took me awhile to put two and two together. But, I know in my heart that she knew I was very sick and she had no way of telling me. (If only they could talk.)

There have been other incidences at other times in my life, with the different animals that I have had over the years, but nothing quite like this time. Our pets are a gift from God.

God instructed Noah to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, along with every kind of food to be stored as food for the animals and his family while on the ark.
Post a Comment