Monday, May 3, 2010

One year ago on May 1, 2009...

I cannot believe that it was one year, on May 1st, that I moved into my apartment. I can honestly say that I have no regrets. It has been a totally different life than what I was used to living, but it has been so good. I have let go of material things that were just that, material things. I have let go of most all of the stress in my life. I have learned and am still learning how to eat differently. I must admit that I do struggle with this one. It is hard to break many years of bad eating habits. I also admit that I really like food, junk food and fast foods are among the foods I like best. Do I like food more than life? I don’t think so – in fact I know so. That is not to say that I don’t have my weak moments or special occasions, but I can say that the bad times are no longer the norm.

Back to the original subject - I know that my saving grace, besides my Lord, has been this magnificent view. I have moved my desk and computer over by the window so that I can see the view while I am doing my very serious business. (Ha! Ha!)

“In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name.” ~Psalm 33:21
Post a Comment