Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Seroma

It is not unusual to develop a seroma after surgery (fluid buildup under the skin). They took the drains out on Friday and by Tuesday, the day of my doctor's appointment, I had a seroma. When I went in I told the nurse that I was "sloshing" so that he could warn the doctor before she came in. She was worried about my coumadin level - as usual. She finally decided to stick a small catheter in the scar tissue, added a tube and bulb and drained 100 cc. She decided to leave the catheter in and really taped it down. I have another appointment next Tuesday if it has quit draining by then. If not, they will leave it in. I have to be more careful with this one, but I will keep it as long as needed so I can start healing on the inside.

I hate to be a baby about this but I really do miss wearing a bra. I am counting the days when I can get fitted.

"I have held many things in my hands and I have lost them all. But whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess."   ~Martin Luther
Post a Comment