Monday, July 19, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

Yesterday, July 18th, was my birthday. Why, you ask, is a 67 year old woman so happy about her birthday. The simple answer is - because I had one.

As many of you remember, last year at this time my cancer was spreading and my future (here on earth) looked pretty bleak. In February 2010 things changed and my terminal cancer was no longer active. They don't call it remission but I will take whatever they want to call it. I have had another PET scan on Friday and I do not have the results of it back yet.

I received so many birthday cards, birthday wishes on FaceBook and at church that I was glowing all day. I am not sure how many people actually knew what it meant to me. I plan on celebrating my birthday every day so if you want to send me birthday wishes anytime in the next year I will accept them and be grateful for each new day.

"Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed" (Psalm 139:16 NLT)
Post a Comment