Friday, July 2, 2010

"We need to laugh every day - and I do."

I know I put that in my posting right after I got out of the hospital. And often I have said that there is something funny in most situations if you just look for it.

Maybe this wasn't so funny at first and maybe that is why I forgot to mention it. Rebecca brought me home from the hospital. I was so doped up on Morphine, Benadryl and Percocet. I knew they were taking me off the Morphine to discharge me so I made sure I had a couple of shots of it before they disconnected it. When we got to the apartment building I was feeling no pain but I don't think Rebecca realized how far gone I was. She dropped me off at the front door so she could go park the car. When she got back I was sitting in the lobby and she took one look at me and asked what was wrong - she could tell something was not right.

As she pulled away, I turned to go into the building. The only thing that I can figure out was that I did not move my feet and I went down - both knees - both hands. I had a great audience - lots of people waiting for RTD to go someplace. Of course, everyone wanted to help me up and all I could say was don't take a hold of my right arm. Because of this it was a little hard to get up but there was a younger man there and he helped me up.

Rebecca got me settled in bed to sleep for awhile and she left. She came back later with her air mattress and stayed all night with me to make sure there were no more incidents. I don't think there were - I don't really remember.

Only my pride got hurt in the incident but I can not even be embarrassed about the fall because I have no idea who all was standing there watching me, probably a good thing.

I thank God that he truly does give us something to laugh about through all of our trials to help lighten our load.

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
~Proverbs 16:9
Post a Comment