Thursday, September 16, 2010

I am a 10 on the scale 1-10

Today I had my last appointment with my surgeon. The very day I have been waiting for - it has been over two years since I have not had a doctor's appointment and this is going to be a much needed reprieve. Only God knows if/when this will all start up again so I will continue to take it one day at a time. I also will continue to get my blood markers done, and PET scans only if my oncologist feels it is necessary.

When I went to her office I knew that the seroma was gone and there was no more accumulation of fluid. She said she wanted to see for herself and after careful examination she admitted I was right. She once again gave me the "pep" talk about chemo and radiation therapy and requested that I go talk with the radiologist. My answer was - "no"!

I have full range of motion with my arm so she put "excellent" in my chart with lots of exclamation points. She then asked if I wanted to continue visits or did I want to call her if I needed something. I bet you can guess which option I chose. She gave me a hug and said that she hoped not to see me again under these circumstances.

I give all the glory to my God. Praising God will renew and rejuvenate you. Psalms 59 "I will sing of your strength in the morning and I will sing of your love for you are my refuge in times of trouble."
Post a Comment