Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving is just a week away and the time of year that people take inventory of all the things that have happened over the past year that they are thankful for. 

I, on the other hand, give thanks to my Glorious God every single day. The year has had its ups and downs but the most magnificent news was in February when they said that my endometrial cancer was not active. (They do not use the word remission, but I am okay with that.) I have decided to wait until after the New Year to have any more testing done to see where I am with the cancer.

I am thankful to all of my family and friends that continue to support me.  I am especially thankful to my dearest and best friend Rebecca. God put her in my life to help me through all of this. She is the sister that I never had. I cannot forget Laurie who also is like a sister and is always available to make me laugh and take care of my cats. I do not know what I would do without these wonderful women.

There are so many things that I am thankful for that it is impossible to list them all for fear the list would go on and on and on. I put on Facebook last week that I was thankful for every breath I take – and that still holds true.

I pray that your Thanksgiving is filled with the joys of family, touched by the beauty of friendship, and warmed with the blessings of the day.

“It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favor." 
~ George Washington
Post a Comment