Saturday, January 22, 2011

Unconditional Love

Right before Christmas I met Laurie and some of her family at the art studio to go see “White Christmas”. I was being nosey, and looking around, like I always do at the studio, and I noticed a desk that I had not seen before. I asked Laurie where she got it and her answer was, “the trash”.  Then she asked if I would like to have it and of course I said “yes” since it was nicer than the one I had borrowed for the apartment. It has three drawers across the front. The other desk had no drawers. Seems that she was driving through a neighborhood and it was sitting at the curb. She went up to the door and asked if she could have the desk if they were throwing it away. She knew someone could use it sooner or later. She loaded it in her SUV – by herself. She was determined not to leave there without the desk. It is and old desk with some major worn spots on it but it works for my purpose and I don’t really notice them unless I am looking for them. The frame is brass and I will need to clean it up or use steel wool on the legs.

Craig and Laurie delivered the desk to me on a Saturday afternoon. When I started setting my computer, printer, and monitor on the desk, everything did not fit the way I had it before because of the way it is made in the front. Well this time I had to separate the printer and the CPU – one on each side of the monitor. Now this became a problem because “little bit” likes to lie on top of the CPU. Only thing is even though she is little the CPU is also little and it is hard for her to stay there very long. When the printer and CPU were side by side she would lay on top of the printer with her paws and head over the CPU. It looked very uncomfortable but she likes the heat from the CPU.

I had to come up with a new idea that would work for her where she could still get the heat from the CPU. I put a pillow behind the monitor for her but it was too large. Then I remembered that I had a nice mat in her carrier – it worked and it covers the wires so she will not get tangled in them. She sleeps behind the monitor while I am working on the computer and she is very comfortable now - and warm. Now my problem is I cannot really see her back there because the monitor is black, the CPU is black, the mat is black, and she is a black cat. I really have to look to see her back there. It is really hard to get a picture of her sleeping - she seems to know when I have the camera in hand.

Ember is the joy of my life and I don’t know what I would do without her. God has given us these little animals and put us in charge of them and we are to take care of them the way He takes care of us.

 "Cats are smarter than dogs. You'll never get eight cats to pull a sled through snow."

"One reason a dog is such a comfort when you're feeling blue - he doesn't try to find out why."

"We allow friends into our company; we allow animals into our solitude."

"We can judge the heart of a man by the way he treats his animals."

"A dog is the only thing on earth that will love you more than you love yourself."



I like pigs. 
Dogs look up to us. 
Cats look down on us. 
Pigs treat us as equals."

I hope that all of you have (or had) at least one little pet that brings joy, happiness and unconditional love to your life.

Post a Comment