Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Acid Alkaline Diet

At this point in my life my cancer is not "active". There is no medical reason why this should be so the doctors will not say that I am in remission.

I am being asked a lot of questions about this diet that so far God has allowed to work for me. I cannot answer how it will work for someone else. First of all you can check back on previous posts to see how my progression went.

There are many, many books out there that talk about the Acid/Alkaline diet. I want to tell you that this has not been a diet that I have lost weight on simply because I am more interested in my health at this point and keeping the cancer at arms length.

The books that I chose to buy - 1st was "Alkalize or Die" by Theodore A Baroody, a Christian doctor. 2nd was "The Acid Alkaline Food Guide" by Dr Susan E Brown and Larry Trivieri, Jr.

Both of these books are excellent but I never let them stop me from doing research on the internet. I am avid about finding out everything I can...new information all the time. I check on foods that are good for healing cancer as well as the Alkalize diets. I look for recipes that will work. It is almost like being a vegetarian except that I do eat moderate amounts of chicken, turkey and fish, especially salmon and tuna. In fact, starting out you are a vegetarian...kick start so to speak...then add foods back your favorite foods gradually if you must. I love hamburgers and I do treat myself to one about every six months. I grew up on hot dogs and still love them...one in three years. It is a matter of what do I want more - food that is not good for me, or to be cancer free.

As you can see, I do still eat foods that are all Allkaline. I try to remember each day that this is a 80/20 diet which is very normal for the body.

I check my pH daily, especially if I have eaten a little too much of something that is acid. pH is something you will learn about as you read and research. Oddly enough you cannot get pH strips everywhere. The first time I checked at Vitamin Cottage and they did not have them so I ordered on-line. Then I checked again when I was in there and they had them.

Please feel free to contact me anytime to ask questions. But remember, the key is research, research, research. You must be very committed to this way of eating to be successful. And, read those labels on food. You will be shocked at what is tucked inside those boxes.

Everyone knows someone with cancer...what have we got to lose by trying this diet.  Especially if you want to live. Ask God for His help to keep you or your loved one going in the right direction. I owe all of my success, on this diet, to God.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." "Then you will call upon me, and I will listen to you" "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
Jeremiah 29:11-13

Post a Comment