Sunday, October 30, 2011

I don't have it so tough after all.

It is very difficult for me to dwell on my own health issues when I hear about children and families suffering more than what I can comprehend. Adults being ill, that is one thing, but to have these little children going through cancer and heart failure like adults is just foreign to me. My heart breaks for them just at the thought of what they are going through. Maybe I feel this way because I know what I went through as an adult; how do these little children tolerate the pain? I know that these are only questions that our God can answer…and Jesus holds them very tightly in his arms…our job is to intercede for these children.

Not really
but that is the way I felt last Sunday
I thought I had it so tough for the last several weeks. I wound up with a large bill on my car repairs. Well, I work two evenings a week so I asked for more hours to help pay this bill. All I can say is - be careful what you ask for. Yes they gave me more hours and I wound up working some hours everyday for ten days straight. I was so exhausted that my body rebelled. I have not worked that hard since before I got sick. You think you are ready but your body knows better. Last Sunday I slept right through the alarm while my body was rebelling. I suddenly woke up at 7:45 and was startled at what time it was. I have never, ever slept through the alarm. (Guess I can’t say that anymore.) The problem…I pick up another lady and 7:45 on Sunday morning so we can get there early enough for her to prepare communion.

When I went to work on Monday morning I made it clear that I did want more hours but not quite that many…I just couldn’t handle it. It took me all week to get my energy level back. Starting to feel “fine” again


"But one thing I do: 
Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 
I press on toward the goal."   
~Philippians 3:13-14


Please pray for Chloe-3 and Katy-4
Post a Comment