Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Christmas Picture

When they said they were going to do pictures here at Francis Heights, for a very nominal fee, I decided to do it so I could use it in my Christmas letter. As I thought about it I decided that I did not want to be in the picture alone. I knew that I could never get a picture with my little cat, Ember, so I chose my neighbors dog. Klondike is a Great Pyrenees. Normally you cannot have a dog that large where I live, however she is a full certified service dog, and yes, I do give her hugs whenever I can - she is so gentle.
My friend that takes care of Ember, when I am out of town, called me as soon as she got my letter. I had signed hers Katherine and Ember - my mistake. She wanted to let me know that something was wrong with Ember - she looked like a big white fluffy dog. We had a good laugh.

I did not send out my letter until the middle of January because I did not get my pictures until I got back from Omaha. I did not send a letter to everyone, just the people that I received a card, letter, or Christmas picture from. I do love to hear about what has gone on in your life for the past year.

For those that did not receive my New Years letter.
January 2012

Okay! I know that I am late getting out a Christmas Greeting. But I still have    time for a New Year’s greeting. I have always heard that it is better to be late than never at all. So here I am.

The Christmas Cards are fewer each year and I so understand the reasoning behind that. I have become guilty of not sending a blessing to each of you annually. I have no excuse since I am retired and have a lot of time to myself. I do want to thank each one of you that sent a card, a letter, or a picture of your family. I absolutely love to read about what has happened in your family the past year. I have decided to take the pictures from over the years and put them in an album so that I can see the difference from year to year.
I don’t really have much to say about myself since I write on my blog every month or so. http://katherinescancerjourney.blogspot.com/

I spend most of my time trying to stay healthy and keeping the cancer out of my life. I do not want it back and with God’s love it will stay away.
I am sure God has many blessings in store for you this New Year…And I hope they last for a lifetime! Happy New Year
Post a Comment