Monday, April 2, 2012

Relay For Life - American Cancer Society

 
Last year I received a call from my good friend Carol Redel, she wanted to let me know that she had walked for me in the Relay For Life in Avon Indiana. I cannot tell you how much this touched me. When Carol and I reconnected after 25 years I had cancer. Since that time Carol has much had much cancer in her own family and I pray for her and her family daily.

After talking with Carol I wanted to walk. As usual, if you know me at all, I started researching the prospect and I thought it looked good. I called Laurie to see if she would sponsor a team through the Carousel Palette. Her answer was absolutely - she thought it was a great idea, however, it turned out that we were too late for the 2011 season.

A month or so ago I got a call from Laurie and she said we were in, and our team name was the Carousel Palette Crusaders. (The Carousel Palette is Laurie's art studio.) I was so excited that I started making plans immediately and of course doing more research to see what exactly the team does. I knew that Laurie was the perfect person to ask because this is not the first time that she has taken one of my ideas and run with it.

As a new team Laurie received a call from the American Cancer Society. They wanted to know if she knew of anyone that would be willing to tell their story. Laurie knows lots, and lots of people who are suffering with cancer or that are now survivors. She gave them my name. When I talked to the Cancer Society I agreed to tell  my story at the opening ceremony. I still do not have all of the particulars but it is still a month and a half away. May 12th from 6:00pm until 7:30am.

If you would like to walk or if you would like to donate you can sign on to the "2012 Relay For Life of Littleton Colorado". Donations can be made to the team or any team member, including me. It is also just $10 to light a Luminaria for a loved one.
"For where two or more are gathered in my name,
there am I in the midst of them."
~Matthew 18:20
Post a Comment