Thursday, June 2, 2011

When I was diagnosed with Cancer in July of 2008, and as I found out it was terminal I knew some but not all of my options. I researched and studied everything on the Internet…every diagnosis. As the days went forward many, many people were giving me suggestions of what to do to cure my cancer. I researched and studied every suggestion that was made. Some were extremely expensive and some were outrageous. Then Rebecca told me about a diet that she heard about…cancer lives in an acid body – it cannot live in an alkaline body. I researched and studied and found that it did make sense to me. 
One of the books that I bought, to help me get started, was Alkalize or Die.

In January of 2009 I decided to try this diet. It was not easy. The pH strips showed that my body was acid...day after day, but I did not give up. I must admit that it was not easy to keep going when I did not think that this was working. The PET scans showed that my cancer had metastasized to another lymph node and my liver. I kept on researching the types of food that I should be eating to prevent cancer. In February 2010 I had another PET scan to see how far the cancer had metastasized. When I received the phone call from my oncologist and he said that my cancer was not active I finally realized the diet was working. It has been over a year now that my cancer has not been active. The doctors are scratching their heads. I give all the credit to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.


Since posting the very simplified article last month, Alkaline Diet for Cancer: Cancer Cells Cannot Survive In an Alkaline Environment, I have had numerous questions. I welcome the questions but I can only answer them from my perspective and how it has changed my diagnosis as well as my life. This is something everyone should research and study to see how it will work for them. You have to research and read everything you can so that you know which foods are acid and which foods are alkaline. You would normally think that all fruits are acid, when in fact they are alkaline foods. Even today I still get on the Internet and find out all the information that I can...which foods are best and which foods I should eat daily.

As I look back on my life after I moved to Denver I have come to the realization that 95% of the time I was eating fast food and unhealthy snacks, I was not cooking for myself. Now, I seldom have fast food, red meat, bread or anything containing white flour and/or sugar. I find that I do like vegetables and fruits. That is not to say I never have ice cream, a roll, cake, even potato chips. I use the pH strips daily to make sure that my body stays alkaline. My will power for sweets is not as strong as it should be and I do indulge on occasion – still love that chocolate.


"Every good and perfect gift that comes to you originates with God. Sometimes his gifts come wrapped in a human voice or message. Treasure them all as personal presents of encouragement."

Post a Comment