Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Estate Sale is over

The move is over and the Estate Sale is over. All went very well. The people doing the Estate Sale went way above and beyond what I was expecting. They left the house clean and vacuumed and empty except for one very large bookcase/entertainment center. The washer/dryer and the refrigerator were left as bargaining tools. If whoever buys the house does not want them I am sure they will be easy enough to sell. Pray that the condo sells fast.

I cannot believe how much a person collects over the years - stuff we don't really use - it is just there. My little apartment has everything I need and so far I am very comfortable here. Yes, I do miss the garage and I go to another floor to do the laundry. I was so used to the comforts of every day life and having everything at the tips of my fingers. Now I have to reach a little and it is good for me.

The whole move and process of moving went so fast that I did not have time to go through all of the old paper work, etc. I am still in the process of doing that - almost finished. It will be so good to have all of this finished.

As for my health I am feeling pretty good, certainly nothing to complain about. My back is hurting but that is because I was lifting things I was not supposed to lift - there is not always someone around to do this for you. I don't have any doctor appointments scheduled but I guess that will not happen until it is necessary.

My hair was finally to the point that I had to do something. It was growing fairly fast in the back and on the sides but not on the top or the very front. It looked kind of weird so I decided that I needed to get it styled. Well, to make it look right and match the top it is now very short again. It was growing in all different directions and I now have a slight wave at the neckline and the very front and a huge cowlick at the crown. She said that some of my hair was very fine and some was very coarse. Guess it will just take time to get straightened out. However, I think I am through with the wigs.

The cats are doing much better but they know there is something on the other side of that door and they want to explore. I am going to put something under the door to help reduce the noise and maybe that will help.

I am looking forward to a week at Moss Beach in San Francisco. It will be good to get away and enjoy the beach.

"Thank you" to everyone who helped me move and to those who prayed for an easy transition. Please keep praying for me. I have a long way to go and so hopefully you will be praying for me for a very long time.
Post a Comment