Friday, October 2, 2009

Trip to Seaside Oregon

This vacation has been planned for several months and the week before, of course, I was sick. Lost my voice completely because of a sore throat and sinus infection. I was able to go but did not feel the best while gone, however I enjoyed every minute of it. My friends were very understanding and I enjoyed spending time with them.


The oregon coast was unlike any that I have seen before, not that I am a world traveler by any means. The beach was completely flat and you could actually watch the tide going out and coming back in. The top picture is the view from our room, it was spectacular. Perfect weather for kite flying and there were lots of them out every day. In fact, it was the first time in years that I flew a kite - what fun!

The weather was cool but not too cool. The ocean was like ice water. We all got caught by the waves at one time or another. One night after dark, low tide, we walked out to the waters edge. I could not believe how far we were from the condo. It was kind of erie but it was breathtaking and loads of fun.

It took me a week to recover from the trip as I am sure it does most people. Health wise I am finally feeling better.

"Our days on earth are like a shadow." 1 Chronicles 29:15
Post a Comment