Saturday, April 2, 2011

Attitude

Well the everyday nuisances of life are back or else I am just noticing them more now that I am feeling so much better. My thumb has healed very nicely and my torn cartilage is doing much better. Life is getting back to a much more normal pace as far as I can remember what that is like. The main thing for me is to maintain a positive attitude no matter what the circumstances.

My latest adventure this past week was a tooth that I put off for about a month. You know, the hot and cold thing, so you know it needs a root canal. Last weekend the pain would not go away and by Sunday I was hurting so bad that not even pain pills would calm it down. I called the dentist for an appointment on Monday. They called back early in the morning and woke me up. I did not notice that the tooth wasn’t hurting anymore. By the time I got to the dentist office I felt kind of stupid even being there. I was trying to explain my pain that was no longer. Here is where I learned something new. The pain is from a root that is dying. We usually go right away and have the root canal done so we do not know the consequences. She further explained that the root kind of explodes, thus the extreme pain. When the root is finally dead there is no more pain. There was no abscess on the tooth so for the time being we are going to leave it alone. Could be a week. Could be longer, we will see. There are a total of 4 roots in the back tooth and the bacteria are still in the tooth. Oh yea, I forgot that the tooth is part of a bridge. $$$$


“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”                                ~Charles Swindoll


Post a Comment