Monday, August 24, 2009

Every day - something...

Last week I decided to go ahead with the lump removal from my right breast. It was caused by the needle biopsy and is getting larger, and hurting more. I saw the surgeon again and he agreed that it should be removed. Like he said, "cancer itself does not hurt." I went through my pre-op and I am scheduled for out-patient surgery on Friday, August 28th.

After everything was scheduled I started noticing a sore spot on my lip right by my nostril and realized that it was coming from the inside. By Sunday, the 23rd, I had a huge abscess on my gum that was very painful. I left a message at the dentist office and they returned my call first thing Monday morning with an opening at 10 am. She was able to lance the gum, scrape out the bacteria, flush it out, and then insert the antibiotic. She said that it would last about 14 days.

I was pretty nervous thinking that I would have to reschedule the breast surgery. The dentist said that it was so localized that it will be healed by Friday - there would be no need to postpone the surgery.

Well, when the deadening started wearing off, my gum started throbbing. I took a pain pill to lie down for a bit and completely forgot about a meeting that I had at the church at 3:30 pm. All I could do was say that I was sorry but I was in no condition to drive at that point.

"Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today." ~ Mark Twain
Post a Comment