Saturday, August 14, 2010

Friday the 13th

No I am not superstitious, normally. Several months ago before my surgery I started volunteering at the Front Desk on Friday mornings from 8am to 11am. I took two months off after my surgery and started back on August 6th. This Friday morning, the 13th, I was sitting on the floor playing with Ember and that funny feeling hit me - it was Friday - it was also 9:45. I jumped up, brushed my teeth, put on some clothes and was downstairs by 10. Very embarrassed.

Lynn, the gentleman that is always down there on Friday mornings when I am not there - was not there either but his wife was. She said that she came down at 8:45 and saw that no one was there - it was all dark. Not good! So she took over. She said, "no problem, it happens all the time." I doubt that, but it was nice of her to say so. I assured her that I probably would not forget Friday mornings again, but if I did to please call me. And, I confirmed that I would be there on the 20th but not on the 27th.

On the 21st, I am going to Omaha for a week. We will have a family picnic at Mercy Acres on Saturday night and there is a celebration, on Sunday, the 22nd, starting with Mass and then dinner to follow. This Jubilee is for my aunt and four other nuns. They have been Mercy nuns for 50 years. It should be a wonderful day, lots of families and lots of excitement.

Health-wise I am doing fine. I feel good and have little discomfort from my continual seromas. I have no drains in so the fluid builds up until it needs to be drained. Obviously the last procedures with Interventional Radiology, did not work so I will go about every 10 days to have it drained. I will go again just before I leave for Omaha and then I have an appointment when I get back. No one can answer the question, "Why am I still filling with fluid?" They say that this happens to some people. Okay - I will accept that. (I have researched this on the internet and found it to be true.)

Well there probably won't be another posting until I come back from Omaha, unless something really exciting happens. Not that this posting was exciting - but there will be less and less to write about. At least I am praying for that. We all have our everyday adventures, etc., so I do not want to bore you with my everyday life - like the car. (Three things in three weeks - the car should be good to go.)

I continue to take life one day at a time and take nothing for granted. "And my God will meet all your (my) needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19 

"God abounds with generosity and his goodness is poured out to all his children. He has no favorites. And he fills each one according to their need. We are freed from fear and selfishness when we learn to trust God's perfect timing in our lives."
Post a Comment