Friday, July 3, 2009

I have chosen my resting place!

Colorado’s Mount Lindo Cemetery and Mausoleum rests on top of a mountain that overlooks Highway 285 and Denver. On the East side of the mountain is the largest lighted cross in the United States. The cross is 393 feet high and 254 feet across, and can be seen from the highway and parts of the city it watches over.

This has been a very busy week with getting a contract on the condo and making all of my funeral arrangements. I am very excited about the place that I have chosen. I will be cremated and my ashes scattered in the Garden of Freedom on Mount Lindo. I will have a small bronze plaque with my name and years of birth and death on a Cenotaph sitting in front of a magnificent view of the mountains. (A cenotaph is a tomb or a monument erected in honor of a person or group of persons whose remains are elsewhere.)

Several months ago I met with my aunt, Sister Johanna, to plan a service in the Kansas City area for all of my cousins, family and friends that want to attend. We planned a very nice service with biblical verses and songs that are close to my heart. Today, I met with my pastor, Steve Heese, to plan a completely different type of service for my church family and friends in the Denver area. Since we wound up choosing many of the same verses and songs, it will be different only in the fact that it will be on Mount Lindo where he will scatter my ashes.

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you O Lord, are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." Psalm 23:4
Post a Comment