Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Mario

Mario is getting bigger and more beautiful as time goes on. He is a strange little cat but that is what makes cats interesting. They each have their own personality just like people. This picture was taken in his backyard. Notice I said "his" backyard. He never went outside until he moved in with Laurie. It is fenced in and the cats get to go out everyday, several times a day. They love the backyard. Laurie and/or Craig watch all three cats while they are out there.

I sure do miss him but he pays little attention to me when I am there. He has a new home and he is very happy there.

Last Saturday I went to Laurie's (they were out of town) to give Mo his pills (he has cancer). There are only about three of us that feel comfortable giving Mo his medications. Jan was there to feed the cats and she was still there and had the three cats out in the backyard (Mo, Noir, Mario). I saw Mario stalking something and then he finally pounced. It looked like a snake but it was weird looking and it kept curling around. It was only about 3-4 inches long, had little tiny black beady eyes, and it looked like it had been chopped off. It was about the size of a nickel in diameter. Mario kept putting his paw on it but I was afraid that he would try to pick it up in his mouth. I finally got a pine cone and pushed it under the fence. When I got home I looked it up on the Internet and yes, there is such a snake that is known as a blind snake. It has no teeth so it can't hurt the cats. Laurie and Craig have found their den but no one knows how many there are - just where there is one, there are more.

"How many are your works, O Lord! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures." Psalm 104:24
Post a Comment