Sunday, January 9, 2011

When I went on the cruise to Hawaii in 2006-2007, I purchased one of those oysters to get the pearl. I had a coupon and it cost me practically nothing. I don’t really remember the cost but my oyster had two perfectly sized pearls in it. I just kept them because I wanted earrings made. The following year for Christmas Laurie had the earrings made by one of her friends who is a jeweler. I really, really liked those earrings and wore them all the time. About 10-11 months ago I lost one of them. I felt like it had to be here in the apartment somewhere and I never quit looking for it. My one thought is that it possibly was vacuumed up – forever gone. Even with this thought in mind I would continue to look and pray about it – it had to be somewhere.

Today I pulled a Tupperware tub off the shelf that had my papers in. The shelf is actually level with my face. I was sitting on the floor and when I emptied the tub and put everything in another, larger tub, I got up to go to the kitchen and I looked down at the empty tub and there was something in the hollow handle of the tub. When I picked it up it was my pearl earring. All I could think to do was thank my God for keeping it safe for me. The last time I took that tub off the shelf was about 10-11 months ago at tax time.


Prayers go up and blessings come down.” 
Yiddish Proverb


If you continue to only look for big blessings then you will miss out on the little everyday blessings. Some people just call them a coincidence.

Bill Keller, Televangelist, says, “If there is one thing the Bible clearly teaches, it is that there are NO coincidences with God.”

Post a Comment