Friday, April 3, 2009

Needle biopsies of right breast


"We cannot change the cards we are delt, just how we play the hand."
~ Randy Pausch - The Last Lecture


On Wednesday, April 1st, I had several needle biopsies. The procedure took 4 times as long as it should have because - well, I'm not really sure why. The radiologist stopped the ultra sound tech and said that she wanted more mammograms. So everything stopped and after the mammograms we started all over again. It was a long afternoon.

They said it would be about a week before I received the results and one of the radiologist would call me with the results. Today, April 3rd, just 2 days later, I received that call. The results - "Invasive Ductal Carcinoma".

I just received the results of my CA 125 - it was 14 in January and it has gone back up to 20. However, the CEA was normal.

I have an appointment for an MRI of both breast on Wednesday, the 15th. And, an appointment with the general surgeon on Friday the 17th.
Post a Comment